[ZODB-Dev] Nested BTrees?

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:07:50 +0100

I got some sources where an XML document is mapped to a hierarchy
of corresponding objects inside the ZODB (up to some hundred or thousand
objects). The disavantage is clear: it takes very long to create the
hierarchy. I am thinking about an efficient way to keep the object
hierachy inside a single Zope object as nested BTree structure.
Does the ZODB store the complete datastructure (with nested BTrees)
when changing a single BTree of the datastructure or does store only the
changed BTree?

   -    Andreas Jung                     http://www.andreas-jung.com   -
  -   EMail: andreas at andreas-jung.com                              -
   -            "Life is too short to (re)write parsers"               -