[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope] ZODB.POSException.ReadConflictError

Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:28:11 +0000

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 12:11 pm, Christopher N. Deckard wrote:

> > Not really. The idea behind ReadConflictErrors is that your update
> > may have changed some data which the query is then trying to use,
> > but this may not be consistent which the rest of the information
> > your query has already used, so the error is raised.
>
> It'd be neat if the old copy of the object and catalog were
> available until the update transaction was completed.  Then the new
> ones could be put in.  I don't know the details in how updates are
> handled in the ZODB though.

That is planned for the future. For now you can fake it by touching every=
=20
object you need at the start of your transaction. That moves a copy into=20
memory, and every access for the rest of that transaction will be safe fr=
om=20
ReadConflictErrors

--=20
Toby Dickenson