[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZEO change to runsvr, no ZConfig.Context on 2.5.1?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 00:11:43 -0500

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I don't know what ZopeReadme is.  I think this is an artefact from
> your getting ZEO out of CVS (and even so I'm surprised -- you must not
> be in the habit of using passing "-d -P" to cvs update).  I don't
> think any warnings are needed.

I use WinCVS with this command:
cvs update -P -d -C (in directory C:\Archives\CVS\ZEO\)

http://cvs.zope.org/ZEO/docs/ZopeREADME.txt doesn't seem to be moved to the attic yet.

I'm probably a straggler compared to the rest of the ZEO users on this list; I just use
ZEO to get a console into a running Zope 2.5.1 (I'm waiting for Zope 2.6.1 to upgrade).
I've just been chugging along with a checkout every few days, not quite aware of
improvements like ZConfig that are afoot in other modules. I only mention it when
something breaks, to see if the maintainers want to make adjustments or migration notes
for simple/older configs, while the checkins are still fresh.