[ZODB-Dev] ZODB4 Question and perhaps foolish suggestion

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:04:17 -0500

  JS> Also, might it not be a good idea to change all function/method
  JS> arguments and other variables with the name 'object' as it may
  JS> lead to confusion, if not now perhaps in the future?  object is
  JS> in __builtin__ after all.

I agree with you completely.  It is always a bad idea to have a local
variable that shadows a builtin name.  Most of the time it doesn't
bite you, but when it does (esp. for object) it's baffling.

I've been slowly changing occurences from object to obj.  Patches are
welcome.

Jeremy