[ZODB-Dev] POSKeyError plea for help

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:24:47 +0000

Toby Dickenson wrote:
>>http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2002-December/004104.html
>>
> It has also confirmed that one of your storages has at least one missing
> object. It may have more. If your live exceptions are from that storage then
> I think you have at least part of your answer.....

Hmmm, I'm 80% certain that the exceptions aren't comming from that storage.

>>How would I copy everything from a FileStorage to a DirStorage?
>
> An ordinary copyTransactionsFrom script... example included below.

cheers :-)

> I am using it in production now, so I am committed to maintaining it.

Cool. That's good to know. I'll look at using it on NIP's FreeZoep servers in
the next couple of weeks then.

> 2. It has a checking tool, so you can detect any other problems early.
> (run this immediately after the copyTransactionsFrom script too)

Will do.

> 3. There are some known corner cases to the packing algorithm used by all
> storages which can cause permanent storage corruption. It is generally agreed
> that they should be hit very rarely, possibly only when the hole is exposed
> by an application bug.

Interesting. The storages where I'm pretty sure the exceptions come from are
packed on an hourly basis. Is this bug documented anywhere?

cheers,

Chris

PS: What file systems would you recommend DirectoryStorage on? How much
difference does the storage used make? What happens if I try and use
DirectoryStorage on Windows?