[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage size/density survey

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:21:38 +0000

Greg Ward wrote:
> On 16 January 2003, Chris Withers said:
>
>>No it's not, Jim did a custom BTree thing for this which recently got
>>merged back in, IIRC...
>
> It's not there in the 3.1 branch, which is what I'm using.

Eeep! Can someone who knows (I'm guessing Jeremy or Jim) let us know where this
code is and where it's supposed to be?

> And it
> *appears* to make things both slower and bigger, which isn't much help.

It reduced memory usage quite a lot for me back when I was testing it as just a
patch.

> Anyways, I just wanted to come up with a third way, to see if a
> dedicated in-memory data structure could work.  Jury's still out --
> haven't done enough testing yet.

Good luck :-)

cheers,

Chris