[ZODB-Dev] ZODB from mod_python

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:48:07 -0500

  HS> Hello, I'm having some troubles when connecting from a script
  HS> that is executed under mod_python to a ZEO server that keeps the
  HS> ZODB. It's very strange because no problem when connecting from
  HS> a CGI or a command line one, there everything works perfectly;
  HS> but when trying to connect from the mod_python one it hangs
  HS> until apache kills the connection.  The piece of code I'm using
  HS> is rather simple:

The first thing to do is to set STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY=-300 and run
again.  You'll get a tedious amount of detail in the logging that
should better reveal what the problem is.

One problem I noted when trying to integrate ZEO with the spambayes
project is that ZEO is fairly sensitive to how the asyncore mainloop
is run.  I assume mod_python doesn't run the asyncore mainloop, so
that ZEO is responsible for calling asyncore directly.  There may be a
bug here that doesn't show up in simple tests and doesn't get exposed
by Zope, because Zope runs the mainloop.

Jeremy