[ZODB-Dev] ZODB from mod_python

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:49:22 -0500

  HS>   Hello again,
  >> If you don't have any other logging, it means the connect thread
  >> doesn't get started properly.  How does mod_python interact with
  >> threads?
  >>
  HS> Well, it's what I was thinking. I'm also quite new to mod_python
  HS> also but it seems it requires to have python compiled without
  HS> threads (i just knew it by chance googling a bit), but then I
  HS> think the ZEO stuff won't work as it uses theads, am i right?

That's right.  The current ZEO implementation depends pretty
fundamentally on threads to support reconnection.  It is conceivable
that the code could be refactored to work without threads, but it
would be a big effort.  I don't see anyone at Zope Corp.  having time
to do it.

I wonder if a ZEO variant builtin on top of Twisted would make this
any easier.

Jeremy