[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB from mod_python

Hector Sanchez SanMartin Hector.Sanchez@cern.ch
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:29:30 +0100

  Hello everyone,

  We have already solved this trouble we had while connecting to ZODB
through a ZEO server and under the mod_python framework: As Jeremy
suggested, there was a problem with the thread treatement that
mod_python does so you cannot use threaded applications under mod_python
and therefore ZEO as it relies on threads.
The problem was quite easy to solve (thought the solution wasn't easy to
found): new version of mod_python (3) does allow threaded applications.
So now it's working perfectly!!! Just be aware that you need mod_python
v3, apache 2 (threaded version) and python2.2 to make it work properly.

  Thanks a lot to everyone that helped me and gave very useful
suggestions....

  All the best...

--
Hector Sanchez

CERN Document Server ** <http://cds.cern.ch/> ** <cds.support@cern.ch>
InDiCo Project       ** <http://indico.sissa.it>
Room: Bldg 510-R-007 ** Voice: +41-22-7673829 ** Fax: +41-22-7678142