[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-dev] [BUG] maybe yet unknown BTREES bug

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:36:56 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote at 2003-1-24 08:53 -0500:
 > Tim has fixed lots of bugs in the BTrees code since 2.5.1.  Also, there
 > were cases in the Transience implementation where I was iterating over
 > the .keys()/.items()/.values() of an OOBTree or IOBTree and also
 > mutating its contents, which is disastrous.  Is this one of those cases?

A "tree[k] = v" should never raise a "KeyError" whatever you are
doing.

I skimmed the "News.txt" accompanying ZODB 3.2a1 for fixed BTrees bugs.
I could not find a hint that ours had been covered.

Nevertheless, we hope it has indeed.

We now have incorporated the new "BTrees" package in out
test environment. On Sunday, we will move on the production
servers.
Then, we will see....

Dieter