[ZODB-Dev] Max requests for ZEO Server

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:44:21 -0800

On the other hand, if you have decent dual-processor hardware, why no=
t take
advantage of an extra CPU to take care of hardware interrupts for I/O
intensive things like GB Ethernet and RAID controllers for serving an=
storing your underlying storage, and bind your ZSS process to one of =
the
CPUs via process/CPU affinity?  Don't know what this would yield, but=
assume it would help, at least a bit?  Whether or not this justifies =
the
expense of DP hardware is likely hard to tell.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
=46rom: Dario Lopez-K=E4sten [mailto:dario@ita.chalmers.se]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 1:45 PM
To: zodb-dev@zope.org
Subject: Re: [ZODB-Dev] Max requests for ZEO Server

hi,

on a related note, I am would like to know if there is any point in
deploying the ZEO server on a multiCPU machine, considering python's =
Global
Interpreter Lock. I suspect not, since I would have to bind the ZEO t=
o one
processor to avoid the problems with the GIL in multiCPU circumstance=
s,
right?

Thank you.

/dario