[ZODB-Dev] ZEO startup problems (and fix) in Zope 2.7.0a1-win32

zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Tue Jul 8 14:02:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

I don't if this has been mentioned else where. Ignore this if it has been
fixed.

I have installed Zope 2.7.0a1 (binary release for win32). The ZEO included
in Zope27 cannot startup due to two problems. Below are the descriptions
and the fixes I used. Problem 1, when fixed, actually causes problem  2.

=====   Problem 1   =====
The runzeo.bat (I modified the runzeo to windows batch file) will complain
about a missing module called ZEO.auth and exit.

FIX: Download ZEO.auth from http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/ZEO/auth/
and place it in ZEO folder.

=====   Problem 2   =====
After installing ZEO.auth module, runzeo.bat will report error and exit.
The problem is that the create_server() method in runzeo.py passes a
keyword argument auth_database=self.options.auth_database to
ZEO.StorageServer.StorageServer which is supposed to be auth_filename.

FIX:  I change the keyword argument in the create_server() method to
auth_filename=self.options.auth_database

cheers,
zhi min