[ZODB-Dev] ZEO and BDBMinimalStorage

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jul 9 22:47:09 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 17:23, fzachman wrote:

> I've looked, and BDBMinimalStorage indeed doesn't have a lastTransaction
> method (though FullStorage does...)  Is this a problem in the
> MinimalStorage or in the way the StorageServer is dealing with
> lastTransaction?  It looks like it's required (to get the thread id in
> tpc_finish) so it should probably be implimented in MinimalStorage but
> I'm not sure what that tid is used for in the calling functions...

BDBMinimalStorage could, and possibly should, implement
lastTransaction(), although note that because it doesn't keep object
revisions, the last transaction is the /only/ transaction that can be
accessed.  It should be easy to add by refactoring a bit of code into
the base class.

I'm not sure if that will help minimal storage to be useful in ZEO or
not though.  Maybe Jeremy can speak to that.

-Barry