[ZODB-Dev] Commit or lock object accross transactions

Christian Reis kiko at async.com.br
Thu Jul 17 12:27:56 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:34:20PM +0300, Steve Alexander wrote:
> What about running a server that serves up unique seqential IDs by
> throwing UDP packets around? That way, you can keep locking issues
> outside of the ZODB, and make the same sequence easily available to any
> number of ZEO clients.

It would work, but I consider it slightly odd to write a separate server
to handle requests for persistent IDs when you have a database that
supposedly should provide these features for you <wink>

Having said that, I think there *are* good solutions using the ZODB,
the patterns just aren't well-known or documented.

Take care,