[ZODB-Dev] Unexpected ClientDisconnected Behaviour

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jul 17 22:46:02 EDT 2003

Chris Withers wrote at 2003-7-17 10:32 +0100:
 > Hi, got a question relating to the log at the end of this mail...
 >
 > returned to work on a project this morning, I'm developing on a Windows ZEO
 > client attached to a Debian storage server, been working great :-)
 >
 > Except, I guess the ZEO connection got dropped over night. Fair enough, I guess,
 > it hadn't had any data down it for a day or two...

Is there some kind of firewall or NAT (Network Address Translation) device
between your Windows and Linux machines?

If so, such devices drop connections when they are unused for some
time (to release the resources bound by such potentially dangling
connections).

We use "keep alive messages" to keep a connection busy and
prevent the drop.

Dieter