[ZODB-Dev] ZODB3 3.3 alpha 1 released

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu Jul 17 23:12:50 EDT 2003

[Jeremy]
> We should be in pretty good shape, because Persistent
> objects aren't pickled directly.  Instead they're pickled
> in two parts -- the class metadata and the instance state.
>  I don't think either of those should depend on
> ExtensionClass.  I expect an existing database would work
> correctly with 3.3a1.

I'll believe it when I see it <wink>.  Python's unpicklers in 2.3 still
contain warts to detect stuff unique to ExtensionClass-ish pickles, in which
case they try to call a __basicnew__ method that will presumably no longer
exist (in ZODB3 3.3).  Maybe ZODB's flavor of pickles don't trigger that,
though?