[ZODB-Dev] Push invalidated records to ZEO clients

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Jul 22 16:51:21 EDT 2003

Hi everybody

Last time we talked about this, pipelining updates to ZEO clients was
suggested. Just to refresh your memory - we still have the slow
connection between SA and Germany ;-) and are using ZEO clients with
large local caches to help remedy this.

So until all the clever replication strategies are implemented I thought
to pursue my idea of forcing loads on all client caches (except the
currently connected one) immediately after an oid is invalidated. I had
a look at the code and it seems that all I have to do is to insert

    self.load(oid, version=version)

on line 821 in the invalidateTrans method of ClientStorage.py after:

    self._db.invalidate(oid, version=version)

D'you think this will work?

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za