[ZODB-Dev] Synchronizing Mirror Sites

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Tue Jul 22 17:05:24 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 16:00, Jean Jordaan wrote:
> > Ok, in this case how would I go about replication at the application
> > level. This is my first foray into ZODB.  Is there already a replication
> > service that doesnt require the master server's IP to be always
> > available(queued).
>
> I have a feeling someone is going to mention
>   http://dirstorage.sourceforge.net/replica.html
> right about now .. I don't know anything about it, but it is the one
> available on-demand Zope replication option I know of.

That will work nicely for an intermittantly-connected single-master scenario,
but will not help with this multi-master problem. Like Shane said, this needs
to be done at the application level.

--
Toby Dickenson - http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson

Want a job like mine?  http://www.geminidataloggers.com/jobs for Software
Engineering jobs at Gemini Data Loggers in Chichester, West Sussex, England