[ZODB-Dev] Re: I want Object Gadfly

Aaron Watters aaron at reportlab.com
Tue Jul 22 12:10:28 EDT 2003

Hi Jim and others.

Thanks for the interesting comment!

I'm pretty sure this is not what Jim has in mind, but I have
been messing around with a sort of hybrid relational/object
database system which may eventually become a backend
for a gadfly based front end.

Currently it has nothing to do with oql and little to do with
sql. It's designed to provide transactions with concurrency
control and recovery in the ways that I have found need for
over the years. I have a prototype that I am putting in
mothballs for a complete rewrite. If someone wants to have
a look I'll send a zip file (you'll need stackless python, and
it has no real documentation).

I'm basing it in stackless because stackless
python makes it very easy
to suspend a transaction waiting for a resource to be released,
for example.

Thanks again! -- Aaron Watters