[ZODB-Dev] PersistentMapping good for large numbers of objects?

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Wed Jul 23 00:44:23 EDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Tim Peters wrote:
> I don't know how many years it took to get all the bugs out of the BTree
> mutating functions, because I've only been staring at them for two <wink>.

You don't want to know.  After each round of bugfixes, we felt like the
code was rock solid--until we got to the next round.  No one took the time
to scrutinize it thoroughly until you came around.  Thank you.

> Seriously, adding any more complexity to that code instinctively repels me
> now.  If it's going to be a high-use feature with major advantages over all
> other approaches, I can overcome that.

Ok, you're right, let's not add complexity to something that's hard to get
right.  Thanks for the reminder.

Shane