[ZODB-Dev] Synchronizing Mirror Sites

Norfleet, Sheppard S. sheppard.norfleet at ngc.com
Fri Jul 25 08:04:03 EDT 2003

If an object is deleted, and a change comes for it, the change is discarded
and reported as a conflict.  Since only the owner can delete the object,
that situation needs to be worked out between the person sending the change
and the owner.

Also, if a change comes in and the object is locked (using CMFStaging), the
change is discarded and reported as a conflict.

Since only the owner can delete the object, it doesnt matter if anyone else
wants to change it as the owner is the final authority on the disposition of
the object.

So, if the object is deleted and recreated, the change will attempt to go to
the deleted item, but will fail as a conflict, and the newly created item
will remain unchanged.

These are all acceptable outcomes...for my needs

One thing I have to make sure is that the undo capability is disabled in the
CMF, cause I havn't a clue how to handle that situation...

Regards

Shep