[ZODB-Dev] Commit or lock object accross transactions

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon Jul 28 19:57:00 EDT 2003

* Roché Compaan <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> [2003-07-16 20:00]:
> I am not too concerned about orphaned ids so the BTrees Length class
> would be the simplest solution for me. You seem to have tougher
> constraints to navigate, so good luck :-)

Just some feedback. We implemented and object id service using
BTrees.Length and I'm sorry to say that it doesn't scale very well. It's
ok when you have 2 threads but anything above that and you can be sure
that you will get duplicate ids.

In a test with 10 concurrent clients each continually asking for ids
until they have a 100 ids we got 37 duplicates out of a 1000. You might
just as well start up your Zope server single threaded :-(

Any other ideas?

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za