[ZODB-Dev] Commit or lock object accross transactions

Christian Reis kiko at async.com.br
Mon Jul 28 19:44:29 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:29:44PM +0200, Roché Compaan wrote:
> I am curious as to why actually this guarantees unique ids. I used
> exactly the same thread locking that is seen in new_oid and I still got
> duplicates. _p_jar.new_oid won't work for our app because I need

The algorithm in new_oid() must be something beyond simple thread
locking, because it is guaranteed to protect from duplicates even when
clients are creating objects on different workstations altogether. It's
tied into the way the ZODB storages work, I believe (not being
connection-dependent).

Take care,