[ZODB-Dev] High Write Applications

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Thu Jul 31 19:36:39 EDT 2003

Hi,

We're all told about ZODB not being suitable for high-volume-of-write
applications. I'm pretty sure I even know most of thereasons why that's the case.

But, recently, I keep on thinking that just saying that isn't really good enough.

RDBS can handle high write volumes, so why can't ZODB be made to behave similarly?

This is just throwing this out here to stimulate some discussion, I'm not
bitching, although I would eb over the moon if we can find some way to make ZODB
  handle high write volumes...

cheers,

Chris