[ZODB-Dev] Using BerkeleyDB

Barry Warsaw barry at zope.com
Tue Jun 3 04:30:36 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 22:53, Richard Jones wrote:

> I'm doing something wrong though (or not doing enough) because the
> undoless mount point doesn't appear in the Zope instance. I'm kinda
> poking around in the dark still. I also have no idea where the "env" is
> supposed to come from - so if it actually is creating the BDB database
> for me, I have no idea where it is on disk...

It's going to be put in var/$name.  Shane says mounting doesn't work yet
in Zope 2.7, but you can still play with the Berkeley storages by making
BDBFullStorage your root storage.

> I noticed that there's descriptions of the BDB configuration parameters
> in the BDBStorage/* source files - would it be appropriate to copy them
> over to the ZODB component.xml file? I'd be happy to do it. This info
> seems closely related to the DBTab conf.in docs (funny, that ;)

Probably, although now we'll have that information in three places (see
also BDBStorage/BerkeleyConfig.py).

> I'm going to write up the results of all this into a mini-HOWTO.
> Probably belongs in the half-started Zope Administrator's Guide...

Cool!
-Barry