[ZODB-Dev] ZEO and replication of BTree based objects

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu Jun 5 09:34:57 EDT 2003

On Thursday 05 June 2003 06:49, Roché Compaan wrote:
> * Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at zope.com> [2003-06-04 22:37]:

> Yes I am aware of this. I was wondering if you would consider to force a
> load on a client as soon as it receives an invalidation message based on
> a configuration variable.

This will waste your precious bandwidth if an object changes multiple times
between it being read on one client.

> Although local reads are very
> fast a client sometimes waits a long time for a bunch of objects that
> was part of a big transaction.

Is ZEO utilizing your bandwidth efficiently?

The current ZEO implementation loads each object on demand, and waits for one
object to be fully retrieved before requesting the next. This could leave
your network underutilized if it has high *latency*. I wonder whether
pipelined reads would improve this.....

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson