[ZODB-Dev] ZEO and replication of BTree based objects

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu Jun 5 19:41:04 EDT 2003

On Thursday 05 June 2003 18:26, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> I expect pipelining requrests would help a lot.  I think it would need
> to happen via prefetching or some other application hint that an object
> will be read soon.  Roche's question about a custom policy for loading
> objects on demand is one such hint.

Yes a hint from above is obvious, now you have mentioned it.

It would be "nice" if the ZEO server could deduce that a read of oid A was
often followed by a read of oid B, so that it could send them both when A is
requested. Unfortunately I dont see an obvious implementation strategy.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson