[ZODB-Dev] ZEO and replication of BTree based objects

Christian Reis kiko at async.com.br
Wed Jun 11 09:37:22 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 02:02:13PM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> I agree that this is the harder problem.  The best bet is probably
> heuristics based on references within an object.  If you access object
> A, and it has references to B and C, it increases the likelihood that
> you'll access B or C.

Perhaps off-topic: this is in the same line as Mozilla's smart
prefetching based on the <link ...> tags in an HTML header. It checks to
see if the pages are currently cached and if not, pulls them when the
browser's network activity is low. That way you get `instant' access to
linked pages.

Take care,