[ZODB-Dev] Connection.abort() stale?

Christian Reis kiko at async.com.br
Wed Jun 11 12:54:13 EDT 2003

If you look at Connection.abort, you'll see:

    def abort(self, object, transaction):
        """Abort the object in the transaction.

        This just deactivates the thing.
        """
        if object is self:
            self._flush_invalidations()
        else:
            assert object._p_oid is not None
            self._cache.invalidate(object._p_oid)

My question is: what is transaction doing there? It's not used
anywhere.. I initially thought it was an interface consistency thing,
making it the same as commit, but now I'm not so sure.

Take care,