[ZODB-Dev] My turn for ReadConflictErrors...

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu Jun 12 12:22:58 EDT 2003

On Thursday 12 June 2003 11:14, Wankyu Choi wrote:

> Recently I had a visitor who was apparently trying to download the whole
> contents of a site I'm running for hours (using Teleport or something like
> that), which took.the performance of the site to a crawl for as many hours:
> a readconflicterror on every request ( one or two errors per second, that
> was too much.)

You only get a conflict error (read or write) if there is a concurrent write
transaction. Do you know whan causes all those writes?

> The first time I saw that "Site Error (ReadConflictError)" screen of
> death...

"screen" meaning in a browser, or in a log file? You only see it in the
browser after three consecutive conflict errors (that is, three retries that
all fail the same way).

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson