[ZODB-Dev] My turn for ReadConflictErrors...

Wankyu Choi wankyu at neoqst.com
Thu Jun 12 22:03:49 EDT 2003

>> er... you mean his patch should work with DirectoryStorage and I
>> should see "no more conflict errors"? ;-)

> In theory yes, but I think you would be the first to test it.

I' ve already tested the patch and it doesn't work.

> Eliminating any unnecessary write transactions will solve the problem too,
and
> will improve many other things.

I'm pretty sure I turned off anything that might lead to "unnecessary write
transactions".

Here's an example of a conflict error in the log:

2003-06-11T09:18:24 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at
/VirtualHostBase/http/www.zoper.net:80/Zoper/VirtualHostRoot/Downloads/folde
r_contents (94 conflicts since startup at 2003-06-11T01:02:40)

Downloads is a simple folder wrapper ( of Portal Folder ) I wrote, but why
the skin 'folder_contents' causes a conflict error just beats me. It's just
a ZPT stored in the filesystem, the one from CMF/Plone.

I swear the folder object performs no write operation whatsoever when
viewed.

Another example:

2003-06-11T02:42:41 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at
/VirtualHostBase/http/www.zoper.net:80/Zoper/VirtualHostRoot/ (86 conflicts
since startup at 2003-06-11T01:02:40)

What the heck does this mean? There's no line of code that I wrote for VHM
:-(

There're tons of these errors that make no sense to me.

  Wankyu Choi
  CEO/President
  NeoQuest Communications, Inc.
  http://www.zoper.net