[ZODB-Dev] My turn for ReadConflictErrors...

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jun 13 23:15:51 EDT 2003

Wankyu Choi wrote at 2003-6-12 19:57 +0900:
 > ... many "ReadConflictError"s ...
 > I even tried Dieter's "no more readconlfict" patch. No use.

Are you using a storage with "supportsUndo() == 0"?

  The patch is unable to prevent read conflicts for accesses to such
  storages (as it works be reading the object state current at transaction
  begin which may not be available without "Undo" information).

A standard storage with this property is the "TemporaryStorage"
used for sessions. Up to Zope 2.6.2 (exclusive), "TemporaryStorage"
used a special "LowConflictConnection" which ignored ReadConflicts.
But from Zope 2.6.2 on, this is no longer the case.

As the "TemporaryStorage", too, maintains minimal history (for
write conflict resolution), I may extend the patch to use this
history, if possible. But, probably, I will simply revert
to the old "LowConflictConnection" use.

Dieter