[ZODB-Dev] profiling zLOG and inspect

Christian Reis kiko at async.com.br
Sun Jun 15 16:25:18 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 08:12:11PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Why is the time needed to do some imports important for a running
> Zope application? Since all imports are done during the startup phase,
> I would not really care about it too much.
>
> > we're approaching the final release of one of our client projects, and
> > I've started to do some weekend profiling to see if I can shave some
> > time off here and there.

We don't run Zope. This is for a desktop client using a UI client based
on GTK+/Kiwi. If it's a long-running application, I agree it doesn't
matter *that* much, but it would be nice to offer better startup time
to the user (since now Mozilla Firebird starts up in half the time our
app does).

Take care,