[ZODB-Dev] My turn for ReadConflictErrors...

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jun 16 22:43:04 EDT 2003

Toby Dickenson wrote at 2003-6-16 07:54 +0100:

 > > > Are you using a storage with "supportsUndo() == 0"?
 > >
 > > I use Toby Dickenson's DirectoryStorage and it supports Undo.
 >
 > I understand that the supportsUndo() corresponds to supporting
 > "non-transactional undo", and the undo() method.
 >
 > DirectoryStorage doesnt support that and supportsUndo() returns false.
 >
 > I does support  transactional undo. supportsTransactionUndo() returns true.

Thanks for this clarification.

In the next patch version, I will simply call "history" and be happy when
it returns something useful. Otherwise, I will raise "ReadConflictError".
This way, the functionality will be independant of magical feature
assertions but maybe a bit slower for storages where history cannot provide
useful information.

Dieter