ZODB "Community" Was: [ZODB-Dev] storage comparison feature matrix

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Jun 17 20:47:50 EDT 2003

[Thomas Guettler]
> The problem I see is that there is only this developer
> mailinglist. There are so many famous people on this list, that I
> don't want to ask newbie questions. I think others don't dare to ask,
> too. Maybe a zodb-users mailinglist could help.

I'm afraid famous people are everywhere you look these days!  Most of them
don't bite, though.  So if you ask a question, the worst that can happen is
likely that you might get an answer <wink>.

> Unfortunately the ZODB guide seems to be unmaintained. If noone else
> does it, I could add the things I sent to this list some days ago.

I saved your msg, and hope to address it when I can make time for it.  As
Jeremy said, when bugs are biting and missing features are crushing, there's
not much sanction for working on incomplete "almost there" docs.  A possible
problem with the ZODB guide is that it's written using Python's extensive
set of LaTeX doc macros, and that raises the bar for contributing
improvements to it.  I don't think Wikis are an adequate substitute for
docs, but anyone who disagrees is encouraged to prove me wrong!