[ZODB-Dev] BTrees and Mutables, was Re: [IndexedCatalog] bug in default indexing

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
03 Mar 2003 15:23:01 -0500

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 15:14, Christian Reis wrote:
> I don't understand how this could make any difference. Which instruction
> might trigger an exception? What should it matter if abort() is issued
> -- the state will be reset to the original state anyway, won't it?

When the state is reset, the connection reloads any objects that were
marked as modified.  If you modify a non-persistent sub-object and you
haven't marked the container as modified, the container will not be
reset.

Jeremy