[ZODB-Dev] StandaloneAdaptableStorage

Adrian van den Dries adriand@flow.com.au
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:58:40 +1100

On March  3, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> I think "tom" might be the right name, then.  The "zFoo" convention has
> been used up, and lowercase seems to be preferred among Pythonistas.

adaptablestorage or AdaptableZODBStorage.  Keystrokes are cheap.

Or XStorage. (Whee! X!)

tom conveys zero information about what it is, or does.

Is there any chance of it being rolled into ZODB proper?

Frankly, I don't understand the "standalone" releases: Zope should
depend on ZODB, and ZEO should depend on ZODB and the Storages are
plugins for ZODB, which may or may not supply a ZMI interface to them.
Then the release procedure should just package up the appropriate bits
with scripts, instead of the CVS symlink mess.  (I still haven't
figured out how I can maintain a production Zope/ZEO setup from CVS,
not that I've tried particularly hard.)

a.

--
 Adrian van den Dries                           adriand@flow.com.au