[ZODB-Dev] Maybe stupid question...

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:23:43 -0500

[Paolo Invernizzi]
> Post Scriptum...
> I forgot to mention for the windows XP file-lock problem that ZODB4 was
> compiled with VC7 and it's running against plain 2.3a2 (VC6!)
> Probably file.handle is not transferable between the 2 C lib...

That's true.  In fact, you're lucky it didn't die with a segfault.

> must build a VC7 python version and try! ;(

Nobody at PythonLabs has tried that, simply because we don't have VC7.
Other people have tried it, though, and reported success.  There have been
several reports of severe problems trying to mix VC6- and VC7-compiled code,
and I don't think we can do much about that beyond warning people not to try
(well, not unless they're willing to devote a large piece of their life to
it ...).