[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Conflict reduced BTrees for catalogin

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
17 Mar 2003 16:19:05 -0500

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 13:58, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> My approach is to load the latest version with a timestamp
> before or at the transaction start time.
> This will work only with history enabled storages.

It's going to require a new storage API method, too, since there is
currently no way to ask to load to operate with respect to a given
time.  It's actually very easy to implement in Berkeley storages.  It's
harder in FileStorage, although I expect the difficulty is primarily in
making it work efficiently.

Jeremy