[ZODB-Dev] [Ann] "ReadCommitted" transaction isolation level

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:59:15 -0300

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 09:17:57PM +0200, Steve Alexander wrote:
> For example, a BTree object could be "locked" during a transaction that
> reads it, so that writes by other transactions are *entirely* forbidden.

This would be *really* interesting from the application's viewpoint
since locking critical regions inside the ZODB is today quite
impossible, as far as I know.

> It could also be locked in a more selective way, so that if the reading
> transaction is interested in the set of BTree items where the key is
> between 200 and 400, the BTree would be 'guarded' against inserts,
> deletions and modifications of data where the key is between 200 and 400.

I'm not sure how an API for this could be cooked up, though.

Take care,