[ZODB-Dev] Re: [ZCM] [ZC] 875/ 6 Comment "FileStorage packing bug: backpointer not resolved"

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Wed May 7 15:12:54 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 8:12 pm, Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches
... wrote:

> A question about the patch.  It looks like the change means that back
> pointers are always resolved during pack.  Is that right?  If so, it means
> that when we're done there are no backpointers in the storage; every
> backpointer has been replaced by a copy of the actual data.
>
> We need backpointers to get undo semantics right.  They also save space.

This problem is only triggered if an undo is performed during pack, right?

Would it be appropriate to issue a patch or hotfix to block undo during
packing? This would prevent the possibility of data loss by masking the
problem, until a proper fix can be issued.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson