[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] PROPOSAL: ZODB Relationships

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon May 12 19:06:10 EDT 2003

* Chris Withers <chrisw at nipltd.com> [2003-05-12 17:29]:
> Roché Compaan wrote:
> >Maybe I wasn't too clear. If you want to represent a hierarchy you won't
> >use Relationships, you'll use a folder tree for example. The proposal
> >doesn't address hierarchies because it is not a problem and is already
> >quite easy to do in the ZODB whereas relationships are not.
>
> Yes, but there's often cases where oen object will be involved in multiple
> hierarchies.
>
> Zope's used of ZODB doesn't cater for this and I reckon relationsips could
> be used to help out with this...

I was already convinced by previous posts that associations (formerly
relationships) need direction but when you mentioned the reason above I
thought "Now that is super cool if we solve this" :-) I forget how much
it bugs me that I can't easily involve objects in multiple hierarchies
in Zope.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za