[ZODB-Dev] Preventing a folder from being packed

sean.upton at uniontrib.com sean.upton at uniontrib.com
Thu May 15 11:48:15 EDT 2003

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't this be a bit of work?  Since ZODB
essentially just persists objects and references, I wonder how much of a
mismatch and additional complexity the Zope-level notion of
folders/containment hierarchies would add to the storage.  How smart should
the storage be?  I like the per-class adjustment of history, because this
maps well in and out of Zope, but wouldn't notions of containment be harder
to preserve?

My thinking is that this is what DBTab is likely the solution for: mount a
different storage for every containment hierarchy in Zope that needs
specific performance, feature, and pack capability sets?  Would this not be
a more simple solution?

Sean