[ZODB-Dev] ZODB test coverage

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Fri May 16 17:22:29 EDT 2003

Ive been reviewing the code coverage of the standard ZODB unit tests on
DirectoryStorage, using the cvs trunks of both. Out of all the lines of code
*not* covered by unit tests, most correspond to DirectoryStorage-specific
features. Some correspond to standard ZODB features, and I have listed those
below.

All of these (except possibly the last) look like they deserve a test case; I
may get on to this next week. Any feedback welcome.

1. undoLog() looping stopping because it reaches the end of history,
   when the end of history was not the first transaction ever.
2. undoLog() and 'extra' transaction metadata
3. undoLog(), covering transactions containing an object whose previous
   history has been removed by packing.
4. loadSerial() of objects whose creation has been undone
5. history() of oids that do not exist
6. getExtensionMethods    (oops. sorry!)
7. __len__()
8. getSize()
9. _begin() and oversize metadata
10. startup after unclean shutdown

packing pleasingly has complete coverage.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson