[ZODB-Dev] Storage API corner cases

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Fri May 30 19:55:32 EDT 2003

On Friday 30 May 2003 18:33, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Uh, BTW.  checkOversizeNote() are the last two failures for BDBStorage
> in ZODB3, but those tests are bogus.  It's saying "try to store 128K of
> zeros as the transaction note and if that /doesn't/ fail with a
> POSError, the test fails".
>
> Whaahh?  First off, BerkeleyDB has no problem storaging that huge of a
> transaction note, and second,

Yes, I wasnt entirely comfortable with the content of that test.... This is
one area that several storages have had bugs in the past, so Im sure *some*
test is valuable.

Originally I wrote the test so that it would also succeed if the huge note
could be read back from the storage correctly.... perhaps that was better.

> FileStorage should be fixed so that it's
> legal.

Thats an option. I'm certainly not going to suggest crippling BDBStorage just
to simplify the storage API definition ;-)

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson