[ZODB-Dev] ZODB-level indexing

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Wed Nov 5 12:51:04 EST 2003

* Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at zope.com> [2003-11-05 18:26]:
> > This sounds like a very workable idea and without the complication of
> > trying to integrate this with a ZODB storage. I doubt if a typical ZEO
> > setup will benefit from this because there is still a round trip from
> > client to server.
>
> A typical ZEO setup might benefit.  You may get better performance from
> an indexing server, because you let the app servers focus on doing
> everything else.  There's less cache contention between content and
> index data, and less work for the app servers because they're no
> re-loading index data all the time.

That makes sense. If there is obvious benefit for a typical ZEO setup
then such an indexing server might have a wide appeal. I'll try to come
up with a proposal to get the ball rolling. I can't promise anything
soon but it is something I want to work on in the next couple of months.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za