[ZODB-Dev] Where's ZEO client temp cache files in Linux?

Choo Zhi Min zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Wed Nov 12 03:49:01 EST 2003

Hi,

I am running a ZEO client in Windows 2000 platform. In dbtab.conf, I
didn't specify 'client=' variable, so it's using temporary client cache
file. When the ZEO client is running, it creates many small .zec and .tbuf
files in "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp"
directory.

I also run the same ZEO client in Red Hat Linux 9. But I couldn't find any
.zec and .tbuf files in ~/ , /tmp or /var/tmp. Where do these files go?
Are they hidden in some obscure directory and eat up my hdd space?

In both platforms, I use the same set of Zope application:
Python  : 2.3.2
Zope    : 2.6.2
ZEO     : 2.1b2 (from cvs.zope.org)
same dbtab.conf