[ZODB-Dev] ZEO cache trace data

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 18 23:16:41 EST 2003

I am looking for volunteers to feed us some ZEO cache trace data.  As
part of the MVCC project, we are working on a new ZEO cache design, and
we'd like to get some real-world test data to help guide the design.

Recent versions of ZEO (ZODB 3.1 and up) include a cache trace option.
If the ZEO_CACHE_TRACE variable is defined, it is used as the path for a
trace file.  Every operation on the ZEO cache will be logged to the
file.  The binary format is fairly compact and has been optimized for
speed; it shouldn't impose much load to trace your cache for a while.

The cache trace data does not include any sensitive information.  For
each access, it records oid and size of data record, but nothing about
the contents of the data.

If you'd be willing to collect some data, please send me an email.

Jeremy