[ZODB-Dev] Which ZODB Version?

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Thu Nov 20 05:14:20 EST 2003

Thomas Guettler wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Which ZODB version do you recommend?
>
> I am starting a new project. The Python version
> will be 2.3

When will your project be delivered?

Do you need to use ZEO?

I'm involved in a ZODB project. We're using python 2.3 and new-style
classes. We're using ZODB 4, but we may change to use ZODB 3 later if a
stable version of ZODB 3 appears that handles new-style persistent classes.

The Zope 3 project is in the same position in this regard, so I am
confident there will be a mechanism to convert between a ZODB 4 storage
and a ZODB 3 storage.

There is one feature of ZODB 4 I'm depending on that is not available in
ZODB 3 (Connection.add). I'll back-port this feature before moving to
ZODB 3.

--
Steve Alexander