[ZODB-Dev] Changing Baseclass

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Fri Nov 28 17:09:16 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 08:31:54PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Changing the class of an object itself is virtually impossible as
> references to the object usually contain the class information.
> You have to delete the old object and create a new one with the new
> class.

Dieter, is it not feasible to do a run through the pickles and set about
updating everything in one fell swoop with the database offline? I would
have thought it wouldn't be an impossible task, and IIRC I've even seen
a script by Shane that [appears to?] rename classes..

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 261 2331